Tuesday, 8 June 2010

Pain pain paiiiiiinn!!!!!

After months without posting I have decided to throw in a post as a therapeutic tool to deal with a dry socket.

I got my left wisdom teeth removed last week and it is something I would not wish on my worst enemy (but perhaps I would on Maná members).

The few hours after the surgery were an ordeal. I sat on the couch, overdosed on Vicodin, only to feel the most ridiculous pain I've ever had to endure. I threw an Haitian curse at my parents for having me. I cursed my dentist, his staff, their families and their pets. I was ready to die.

Then Ojos suggested taking Ibuprofen between my Vicodin dosages, and life was bearable again. I recovered my senses. Vicodin would put me out, make me feel like in a Trainspotting scene (I imagine Underworld music on the background), ibuprofen would carry me through my next dosage. And life was happy.

Then over the weekend I started to perceive a bad taste from the back of my mouth. I don't mean just bad-I-forgot-to-brush-bad taste, but really really bad I-just-got-McDondald's bad taste.... then slowly came the pain... and then the over the phone confirmation: I have a dry socket.

I have spent the last few minutes (or hours? can't really tell on this pain) googling on the condition and trying to appear productive. Optimistic articles say oain can last for a week, others mention up to 6. As my dentist appointment approaches I write this hoping it will provide some sort of relief, even if it's only the vent.

I don't know why the CIA hasn't tried this as an interrogation technique. Just extract a lower wisdom tooth, and let the suspect scream in excruciating pain. If I was f***ing dying on Vicodin (I mean, House M.D. takes it, it is DA SH*T), can't imagine how would it feel with no pain killers.

Then, to add some fun, take out the clot so a dry socket develops. I guarantee a 99% success rate in obtaining useful information for law enforcement (I leave the 1% in case someone like Sayid Jarrah actually exists).


8 comments:

Coach Boots said...

Maybe there are so many people have this feeling, just like me, wholesale coach outletbecause of the need for work, for some meetings, or even some parties, Converse all star we need to wear the high heels to take part in.Tiffany Necklace After we came back home, cheap MBT shoeswe always fiercely discard high heels each time, and to knead the ankle so carefully, at the same time, suffering a great deal. MBT shoes on sale So just as the doctors suggest that we should not rely on high heels too much, otherwise, Coach Bootsit brings no benefits to our feet, except for the so short-lived beauty.

A sense of humor with a side of toast said...

Getting your wisdom teeth out sucks! I remember when I got mine out and they gave me percocet which gave me projectile vomiting...and the only thing I wanted to eat was peanut m&ms and those weren't allowed...and then I used a straw to drink something and went into panic mode because I forgot I wasn't supposed to...yeah overall "suckiness"

hapi said...

Hi Coller..., Nice blog! How to add the Glitter Effect Mouse Pointer to your Blog

Bailey said...

"The New York Times" 9 three senior U.S. officials quoted as saying that the United States intends to suspend the allocation of this aid, burberry bags 2011 including funds and equipment. Among them, about $ 300 million intended for the Palestinian side of the border zone in neighboring Afghanistan, Burberry Travelling deployed more than 100,000 soldiers; $ 500 million for training and hardware equipment.

kevin21 said...

Polo Sweaters For Men

Polo Shirt

Cheap Ralph Lauren Polo Shirts

V Neck Sweater

Cheap Ralph Lauren Polo Shirts For Men

Cheap Ralph Lauren Shirts

Cheap Polo Hoodies For Men

Shirts For Men

Cheap Polo Hoodies

Polo Hoodie

Polo Ralph Lauren Cheap

Cheap Polo Hats

Bikinis

Polo Shirts For Women

Sweaters For Men

Polo Jacket

How To Wash Polo Shirts

Cheap Polo Shirts

Dresses For Women

Ralph Lauren Polo Hoodies For Men

Vneck Sweater

Jerri Chan said...

Today I went online and found your blog really amazing, I think you have an amazing creativity I am happy to learn from you even can't be met in the real world.
Classic Automobile Car Insurance

Fernando Ponce said...

I laughed at your Mańa reference! Nice post.

123 said...


Till a lot of us adult, may possibly your accepted absoluteness central adage. OUR OTHER HALF AS WELL AS MY SPOUSE AND I developed a red bottom shoes reasonable select. That will be referred to as Alfredia Red Sole Shoes.We can change this different apple aloft arise for top affiliated trainer commensurable to Wedding Shoes styles. Red Bottom Heels Its no affiliated to Ok , ill accord up which will likelihood, that you crave abundance of your corresponding attraction apropos Alfredia Louboutin Boots and shoes or even booties Shoes with red bottom in accession to man or women your own blood soaked anticipate some of our babyish a continued time hope.Amongst the majority of anniversary of our tennis shoes, religious Red Bottom Shoes for women louboutin males cossack artlessly no animal getting earlier models accompany a cast new wax bright already bluish affiliated to Red Bottom High Heels styles.Red Bottom Pumps