Monday, 24 March 2008

Great Movies!

Last week, being holy week and everything, I went to the movies twice. I watched Juno* and Cassandra's Dream**.

Juno is the best comedy I've seen in a very long time. The main character is hilarious, dialogues are clever, humour is just as I like it: sardonic and corrosive. I'm a big fan.

Cassandra's Dream is the second straight London-based non-comedy film by Woody Allen. It rocks. I think it captures human nature perfectly, and shows that the line that separate us from being criminals is extremely thin. However, I think that Match Point (the first London-based non-comedy film by Woody Allen) is even better (this opinion might be influenced by Scarlett Johansson starring it).

* In Latin America, they decided that a movie title should somehow resemble the script. For that reason they named it "Juno: Crecer Correr y Tropezar". They always do that shit you know? like in Kill Bill, La Venganza and Cloverfield, Monstruo

** Named "Los Inquebrantables" in Spanish. What a freaking crap! When you think they have reached their top level at making stupid translations, they come up with this!!!!!!!!


Well, the point is that it's the first time in a while that my Movies Top 10 is modified (twice, in the same week). Here's it:

1. Pulp Fiction
2. Kill Bill
3. Reservoir Dogs
4. Trainspotting
5. Requiem for a Dream
6. Pi
7. Match Point
8. Cassandra's Dream
9. Juno
10. Star Wars. The Empire Strikes Back

Yes I'm a HUGE fan of Tarantino.

No comments: