Friday, 16 March 2007

Nao posso falar ainda

Well my portuguese is still useless in Brazil.

But instead of complaining I'll make a friendlier entry about Río. I'll talk about the food because Río is THE place to eat!

DAY 1 DINNER @ MONTANA GRILL
Churrascarías are like every man's dream. You just sit there and wait for waiters to show up with all kinds of meat. At Montana grill it is perfectly cooked and it comes with rice, farofa (toasted manioc -yuca in spanish-with ham, spices and some egg).

There is a salad bar, but a true man doesn't eat salad when there are loads of meat. ;-)

DAY 2 DINNER @ MARIOUS
Marious is the same concept, but they serve seafood instead of meat. It's just GREAT.

Lobster, all sizes of shrimps, salmon and a salad bar. For my taste, Marious features one of the best prepared caipirinhas on earth.

DAY 3 - DINNER @ GOURMET PLAZA
This is just a buffet with loads of food of all kinds. You pay a fixed fee and attack.

I guess such concept wouldn't work in Mexico. I can perfectly picture people armed with tupperwares stealing food for the rest of the week...

DAY 4 - DINNER @ BELGIAN BEER BAR
Everything was Belgian about this place... encluding the services... that sucked big time.

Other than that it was all great:
- I had Guinness (the best beer on earth) and a Stella Artois.
- Fried mussels (moules, mejillones). It's the best. A pot of mussels on a beer-based sauce. Delicious.

Of course after this trip I've gained some pounds. I'll become vegetarian for the next week and run every morning starting next monday.

Best regards,
Coller.

3 comments:

Any Given Chilango said...

You better start working out! WOW! I loved your culinary review of Rio. Ermmmmm Why are you posting in English? Se habla Español...

Coller... said...

En realidad nunca me ha gustado cómo escribo en español... no tengo ese buen toque que puedes encontrar en el blog de Laura por ejemplo... o en el tuyo.

Eso y tengo la esperanza de que alguno de mis amigos extranjeros nerds entren algún día... :P

Manfred said...

Day 1 dinner:

Coller's comment noted..

Day 2 dinner:

Noted as well...

Day 3 dinner:

Doesnt work anywhere. Obesity is one of the consequences of that concept me thinks ;)

Day 4 dinner:

I am sure you'll change your mind on the beer when/if I ever take you out for a Hoegaarden

Sounds like you had a great time.

G'luck with your diet ;)